Ah, the smell of pumpkin pie and apple cider is in the air… we must be getting closer to Thanksgiving! Pounce and Paws enjoy the delicious smells while they play outside. Not many trees in Arizona have autumn leaves that layer the ground. Yet there are still plenty to jump on for that “cronch” sound!
Soon they go back inside, where Paws’ parents have set up some fun crafts for them to work on. Pounce spots supplies of paper, glitter, and glue to make turkeys with and he can’t wait to start creating! Paws shows him how, and has instructions for you, too:
- Hand Turkey
- To make your own turkeys, trace your hand to create the body of the turkey and its tail feathers.
- Add a triangle to the tip of your thumb outline to create the beak!
- Color your other 4 fingers to look like turkey feathers.
- Circle Turkey
- Draw a circle, cut it out, and fold it in half.
- Glue a head on to the straight edge. Add the beak and eyes.
- Cut out legs and wings to stick on to the front!
- Now it’s time to cut out the feathers using a variety of colored construction paper.
- Glue the cut outs to the back of your turkey. It’s ready to stand (or sit) comfortably on its own!
Now that Pounce and Paws have finished their turkeys, they start planning for their next family tradition–sharing what they’re grateful for. This year, they are going to cut out paper leaves and write out one phrase on each leaf that shares what they are most thankful for this holiday season. They will then attach their leaves to the paper tree that Pounce’s parents taped on the wall for everyone to see. Then, at Thanksgiving dinner, each person will take a turn picking their leaves and reading them to the family. There’s plenty of gratitude to go around!
Need more fun activities this Thanksgiving? Pounce and Paws have also taken a couple of pictures and they need your help to find the differences between them!
Download Pounce’s Thanksgiving activity sheet!
- Print out the activity sheet with the two scenes.
- Circle the 10 differences when you spot them.
- Color the page!
- Once you’ve spotted all 10 like the detective you are, ask your parents to take a picture of you with your activity sheet.
- They can post it on social media, tag us @SunWestFCU, and include the hashtag #PounceAndPals for a chance to win a $25 Snappy gift. Choosing your prize has never been more fun!
The winner will be announced Monday, November 23th!
The ocelot and mountain lion cubs always enjoy the Thanksgiving feasts their families make, but now they have made something to be proud of, as well. Share what you’re grateful for this Thanksgiving with your families, and feel free to use Pounce and Paw’s tree idea! Happy Thanksgiving from your extended family at SunWest Credit Union.